• May 29, 1842 – First Baptist Church was officially recognized
  • June 15, 1850 – The  first permanent church building located on Alabama Avenue and Church Street was dedicated.
  • 1880 – The Alabama State Board was located in Selma, Alabama
  • May 3, 1901 – A contract was made for the construction of the present sanctuary building
  • 3rd Sunday, 1904 – The first day of worship in the new sanctuary building was held
  • August 5, 1923 – Construction of the first Sunday School Building was begun
  • May 1937 – Kathleen Mallory, one of the most famous and beloved women among millions of Southern Baptist and a member of First Baptist Church Selma, was appointed Executive Secretary of the Women’s Missionary Union for the Southern Baptist Convention.
  • September 19, 1942 – Morning radio services were broadcast over WHBB
  • October 4-25, 1942 – The Centennial Celebration Services of First Baptist Church were held
  • February 1, 1956 – First Baptist Church voted to build a balcony in the sanctuary
  • May 15, 1963 – First Baptist Church library was established
  • January 12, 1964 – The New Education Building was dedicated
  • March 8, 1976 – TV evangelistic spots sponsored by our church were begun.
  • February 14, 1985 – First Baptist Church purchased the property on the corner of Broad Street and Dallas Avenue where the Lyon Parking Lot was later located
  • May 19, 1988 – The Sesquicentennial Committee was formed with the update writing of our church history book
  • May 2005  The Old Educational Building Renovation Committee started work to renovate the  structure.
  • April 3, 2011 – The renovated Old Education Building on Lauderdale Street was dedicated
  • June 4, 2013 – The Renovation of the Sanctuary was begun.
  • August 18, 2013 – The Newly Restored Sanctuary was dedicated.