- May 29, 1842 – First Baptist Church was officially recognized
- June 15, 1850 – The first permanent church building located on Alabama Avenue and Church Street was dedicated.
- 1880 – The Alabama State Board was located in Selma, Alabama
- May 3, 1901 – A contract was made for the construction of the present sanctuary building
- 3rd Sunday, 1904 – The first day of worship in the new sanctuary building was held
- August 5, 1923 – Construction of the first Sunday School Building was begun
- May 1937 – Kathleen Mallory, one of the most famous and beloved women among millions of Southern Baptist and a member of First Baptist Church Selma, was appointed Executive Secretary of the Women’s Missionary Union for the Southern Baptist Convention.
- September 19, 1942 – Morning radio services were broadcast over WHBB
- October 4-25, 1942 – The Centennial Celebration Services of First Baptist Church were held
- February 1, 1956 – First Baptist Church voted to build a balcony in the sanctuary
- May 15, 1963 – First Baptist Church library was established
- January 12, 1964 – The New Education Building was dedicated
- March 8, 1976 – TV evangelistic spots sponsored by our church were begun.
- February 14, 1985 – First Baptist Church purchased the property on the corner of Broad Street and Dallas Avenue where the Lyon Parking Lot was later located
- May 19, 1988 – The Sesquicentennial Committee was formed with the update writing of our church history book
- May 2005 – The Old Educational Building Renovation Committee started work to renovate the structure.
- April 3, 2011 – The renovated Old Education Building on Lauderdale Street was dedicated
- June 4, 2013 – The Renovation of the Sanctuary was begun.
- August 18, 2013 – The Newly Restored Sanctuary was dedicated.
Dr. Jerry W. Light, Sr.
9:30 a.m. – Sunday School
10:45 a.m. – Morning Worship
(Live Broadcast on WALX 100.9 FM)
5:15 p.m. – Fellowship Meal
5:30 p.m. – Children’s Activities
5:30 p.m. – Student Activities
6:00 p.m. – Adult Bible Study
6:45 p.m. – Sanctuary Choir Rehersal
WEDNESDAY NIGHT FELLOWSHIP MEAL
April 25: BBQ pork, potato salad, baked beans, Texas toast & dessert
OR salad bar & dessert
May 2: Choice of soup, grilled cheese sandwich, salad & dessert
OR salad bar & dessert